Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 2 in Nashville




Posted by Picasa I did not run into George Jones, but a good time was had by all for day 2 in this little store in Nashville. I happened by it on a trip to the city with friends a few years ago, and that is how I learned about the sewing school. Talented teachers, a helpful staff and a beautiful selection of fabrics for children's clothing make it a fun place for sewing Bibi!



Friday was spent with a little more involved dress under Lezette's direction. The beautiful lawn is sooo soft, it will feel so good to wear. Our dress is made out of a blue floral; Lezette's sample is done in corals and pinks. She combined 3 separate patterns for this particular dress; it has a little peek a boo sleeve, rick rack trim and an easy rolled and whipped placket that is hidden under a pleat. Lezette has many tricks in her arsenal to make dresses that really flatter a little one. She cut much of the fabric out of the gathered skirt, then flared it slightly at the bottom for a really pretty look. The yoke has a fusible interfacing (as I was doing mine I looked down and it was fused perfectly onto the ironing board cover), and the skirt has a little ruffle with more of the rick rack trim .
I slowed down sewing considerably on Friday afternoon, so this dress will be completed at home. I'll miss my new sewing buddies as I finish it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment