Monday, December 20, 2010

The culprit







I think I have figured it out. This would be the collar that made my son say to me, in a very kind way, that he did not like smocked dresses and did not want his daughters to wear them.

When Issa was around 2, she wore this collar over a red corduroy dress, and (to my eyes) looked absolutely precious. In hindsight, perhaps it was a bit large for her little body; I know that it will still fit her 3 years later and probably will for quite some time. If there was a slight resemblence to Bozo the clown it missed me entirely.

Regardless of the reason, he seems to have relented, and Katelyn looks sweet in a smocked dress. I probably won't be doing smocked collars for her any time soon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! So many entries since I last checked! Adorable gingerbread house photo---finger lickin' good. So you've talked me into making one with my G's while they're here.

    And so many projects! Who would ever guess you've taken on a job, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, this job may be dangerous. I see so many wonderful seamstresses, wonderful projects and constant inspiration! So many ideas, so little time! I hope you had fun with your gingerbread house, and I am going to check with Peggy about our time to get together.

    ReplyDelete