Sunday, November 14, 2010

Polka Dot baby gift

Posted by Picasa
It was nice to take a break from all my little dresses! I wanted to make this baby gift and I like this fabric which I had in my stash. It is a flannel and I used it as a decorative edge on the bottom of a burp cloth. For the changing pad backing I used pink chennille, which I cut to about the size of a hand towel, monogrammed the polka dot, and then sewed right sides together with ribbon enclosed on one end as a tie. I found the verigated ric rac in my box of trims, and I thought it was pretty with the polka dot. I tried sewing it with invisible nylon thread, but that was nearly impossible; it kept breaking and was difficult to use. When I sewed the ric rac to the burp pad I just used white thread and it was absolutely fine. Little girl Waller doesn't have a first name yet, so I just used her last name initial to personalize her gift.

1 comment:

  1. golly---you've snuck two posts in since I last checked!

    we've been traveling in Calif with friends---one who sews for her six grandchildren---I think she would like your blog---she reminds me of you---always coming up with clever sewing projects---I've sent her your link---hope that's okay---

    Who could blot spit-up with such a beautiful cloth?

    ReplyDelete