Monday, September 13, 2010

No! Bibi you did NOT grow that bottle tree!

Oh, yes, Mae Mae, I did! I planted a bottle and it GREW! She says no and off we go with our pretend argument. Who would have imagined what fun you can have wandering around picking flowers, looking at bugs, planting rocks and swinging in our backyard swing?

But back to the bottle tree. My sister, Beth, painted it and it is hanging in my kitchen. I have lots of her artwork in my home, and I am thinking about doing some pillows in linen, with appliques of some of her simple animal silhouettes in black linen. She is the artist and I am a seamstress; I am hoping to combine our talents in some way fairly soon.

If you would like to see more of her paintings, just google Bethanne Hill or go to Bethanne Hill.com, or check out Monty Stabler gallery in Birmingham or Blue Spiral in Asheville, NC or Liepers Creek gallery near Nashville, TN. She is also on facebook. I admit, she is my sister and I love her, but she is very talented and her work is wonderful!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment