Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Everything old is new again


As I was posting the photo of this pattern I kept thinking how retro it looked. Then I found the old picture...change the neckline and fabric, add sleeves and 42 years and Voila! The same dress!
I have not yet decided which fabric to use for the bodice and which for the lining, but I think I am going to try something that I saw on another blog and now cannot return to because I don't remember where it is. Anyway, they cut 1 inch bias strips and ran a basting stitch down the middle, gathered it and attached it as a ruffle. I think I will try that with the lining fabric and see how it works. If it doesn't I can always go back to the ribbon trim.
That was big ole Alabama hair and I was feeling pretty good waiting for my date to pick me up for the Senior Girl's Dance at Tuscaloosa High!

No comments:

Post a Comment