Friday, September 10, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

 
I'm almost finished with Ellis! I am going to take the day to look at the bias ruffle and decide if I want to keep it or go to the ribbon trim. I like the 3 fabrics together, but the simple lines of the dress might just call for a simple ribbon. I think I will see what kind of ribbon I can find today, and how the colors will blend.

It took more than a little help from my friend Kathleen to cut out the durned bodice. I needed to match the stripes at the shoulder and I COULD NOT visualize the bodice lining and those stripes. My brain just would not see it. Kathleen labeled left and right, front and back, lining and right side, laid it out and in no time I was cutting. Where would any of us be without our friends?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment