Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bows on her shoulders

This applique was fun to do and it made a cute little jumper. The design is from Sew Many Designs; the appliques are quick and easy to do. I think I have finally mastered turning this Martha Pullen jumper pattern. My instinct is to want to turn it at the shoulder, but you actually sew the lining and jumper together, leaving a side seam in jumper and lining, then sew the side jumper and lining together in one seam and turn it through an opening you have left in the lining. I don't know why this was so hard for me, but I think it has finally stuck.

As little girls tend to do, my Issa is growing taller, and getting a bit leggy for these easy jumpers. She will be pass it on to Miss Mae Mae.
They look so cute on round little bodies. (gets me to thinking...would this look work for me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment