Monday, August 16, 2010

Nap time on Lake Martin

Now this was a fun project. I got the wicker sofa at MY FAVORITE PLACE, a junk store on Peachtree Industrial. Junque is really cheap there and sometimes you can find some good stuff. The cushion is a little worn, but I decided to just give it a new cover. I took several samples of some fabrics that a friend gave me, then just started piecing them together. When it was large enough to cover the cushion, I used the original for a pattern and added some braided trim. When I find the time, and have my sewing machine at the lake, I am going to go back and do a feather stitch on the seams to give it some added strength. I think I can safely say that no one will have a sofa like mine.

It is a great place for a nap in the afternoon, listening to the cicadas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment