Here are two more appliques from the group that I just purchased from Planet Applique. I actually figured out a process that works best for me when using Solvy on an applique. I stabilize the back with a fusible polymesh in beige, then slip a tearaway under the hoop before I begin to stitch. I let the machine stitch out the placement and zig zag, then before it does the satin stitch, I put down a layer of solvy. No Wrinkles!
The detail on these appliques is nice, you cannot see in the photograph, but there is a layer of topstitching on the satin stitch, and it is a nice finish.
I learned a lesson from Mae Mae's candy corn applique. I worried about the white tip of the corn on the white t-shirt when I couldn't find a darker shirt, but as it turns out I was more disappointed in the orange lettering on top of the orange polka dot. It doesn't seem to bother Mae Mae one bit, though.
What does bother her is wearing a shirt that says "Katelyn." When she entered the kitchen and saw the shirt she shouted "Katelyn" and ran to the den, thinking that she would see her cousin. When I explained that Katelyn was in Birmingham and that I only wanted her to model the shirt, she was more than a little disappointed!