Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day, Sew Day

I had a great time in my sewing room (closet) today. I could look out my window and see about 5 inches of snow covering everything in sight. It was quiet because very few brave souls ventured out in the cold. Just a nice day to sit and sew.

As I was rocking Sarah last week, I noticed a need for a little pillow in her rocker. I found a travel pillow in my closet and started to cut out a cover for it but remembered some dish towels that I had in my stash. LeAnn had made a really cute Christmas pillow from a dish towel and I thought this might be something to try. I came up with this pale yellow dish towel with big white polka dots, and thought it would look much better as a pillow in Sarah's room than it would in a kitchen. I had to search online to find the easiest way to put it together. I found directions on the All About Blanks web site, and they were simple to follow. I just wrapped the dish towel around the pillow to determine the placement, marked my stitching lines with a water soluble marker, embroidered "sweet sarah", added the ball fringe and the row of rick-rack, topstitched halfway up the sides, added the ribbons to tie it, stuffed in my little pillow form and called it done!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment