Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.
These little red dresses needed some dressing up, and Mandy liked the nautical look of this applique from Applique Market. I always seem to have a difficult time choosing fabrics and colors when using red. I don't have a good stash of scraps to use with reds. I couldn't decide whether to use the fresher new look of turquoise, or the traditional red, white and blue...so I decided to try both. The font for the M is sugar and spice, and I cannot remember what font I used for Issa's dress..Once again, the satin stitch on the applique did not have the outline stitch on top. Easy Peasy... In the software I just duplicated the tack down straight stitch and moved it to the end in the color film. It gives a nice finish to the satin stitch.
These simple red dresses should see them through the summer!