Monday, May 27, 2013

I love you so, I always will...






Grow old with me!
The best is yet to be.
  ~Robert Browning






A friend asked me to make a ring bearer pillow for her son's wedding.  She had already completed the embroidery, so all that I had to do was put it on the front of a pillow.



You can't really see in the photograph, but I used a very small gimp cord and the 23 applique foot for the piping. She had used a medium weight stabilizer behind her embroidery, and we left that in to give the pillow a more stable feel.  After I had completed the piping (I cut 1.5 inch bias strips for the piping), I trimmed it to 1/4 inches wide, matched the raw edges, then stitched it to the outside edge of the pillow top.
Marian had the idea to attach a strap to the back
of the pillow to give the ring bearer a little
something to hang onto, so I cut a strip about 4.5  
inches wide and the length of the pillow.  I inserted a strip
of the stabilizer inside the strip.

There were no tears, there was no sweat, but OH NO I did bleed on the pretty white satin.  I had stabbed myself with a pin and before I knew it, there it was. A big red spot. Thankfully I had satin to spare and was able to cut out another back.




On June 1, a sweet little boy will carry this pillow down the aisle to give a set of rings to a dear couple who are ready to begin their lives together.  I am honored to play a small part in this wonderful day!
( and I finished an hour and twenty minutes before schedule!)

No comments:

Post a Comment