Friday, May 17, 2013

Loving Kindness, part deux



Meditate.  Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. 
 Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds!  Shine!
                           ~ Buddha


There were some words on my original word block that I wanted to change, and I wanted to minimize a couple of the ornaments.  So I guess it is just as well that I did a practice run with the wrong stabilizer!

This time I used Tearaway Stabilizer.  I sprayed it and pressed it carefully to the back of the towel, then hooped it in my Jumbo Hoop.   I slid a scrap of tearaway under the hoop, making sure that it covered the entire stitch area.  The last step before stitching was to use the basting option for the solvy.  Now it is a little thing, but it is just one of the many things I love about this new 780.  No more spitting on my finger to get the solvy to stay put.
I haven't really blogged about this new machine.  I just love it.  I realize I am a Bernina Cheerleader, but I can't help it.  Quality,Precision,
and Ease of use.  It just doesn't get any better!
 The jumbo hoop is so much easier on my Grandma hands to use, and I can get my entire image in one hooping.  I chose the colors as I stitched, seeing what colors I wanted with each word as my block took form.  It seems when I plan these things ahead I always end up changing my mind, anyway.

So I am all stitched out and ready to send this to Vermont to a very kind Meditative Gardener.
I have continued meditating since my trip to Mexico, and will always  be grateful to Cheryl Wilfong for the part she played  helping me to be successful in  (as one doctor has told me)  my search for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment