Thursday, May 31, 2012

The waves on the shore are playing, playing
The flowers in the breeze are swaying, swaying,
The whole wide world is out a Maying.
                          ~ Abba Gold Woolson


Its the end of what has been a beautiful month.  And it is time to think of people we care about and  make little gifts for them.  We love these designs from Embroitique.  Kathy chose the Happy Birthday for a sweet daughter in law in Texas;  I chose the Live Happy design for kind neighbors at the lake.
Now I think Kathy was really clever in the way she did her lettering.  The design came with just HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Using her Artista Software, Kathy took the B, the R, and the from the design then found an e and N from other fonts that fit.  June 14 is done in Curlz.  How cute is that?  She trimmed the bottom with  chennille rick rack and the result is a nice little surprise for Berni.

My towel for the Shivers is also an Embroitique design.  I added the Shivers name at the bottom, and trimmed it out with some bright rick rack and ball fringe.  I stitched it out on the 830 Jumbo Hoop; it was quick and would have taken alot longer on my little 200.

 So June is almost here, and I have some fun little dresses to make for Sarah.  I am looking forward to having some time to sew tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. And the wonder is . . . how do you have time to work, think up new sewing ideas, sew them, AND blog?

    ReplyDelete