Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Eenie, meeney miney moe


I told Marian that I would make this little bag as a sample for the store. It looked easy enough. The company is called Easy-Peasy; how can that be hard? The pattern had 4 sizes: Eeny, Meenie, Miny and Moe. I chose to do the largest size...Eeny. The easiest one, right?



You use this ruler to make the Double Diamonds. It has slashes that you use to cut the diamonds. Easy as pie? Not so much.

But after reading carefully, and then going online to watch the Double Diamond "How to" video, I finished the front piece and carefully pressed the diamonds into place. The front piece took 3 rectangles of fabric...the main floral piece, the contrast stripe, and the background which was a cream color. These pieces of linen were remnants from Mae's draperies.

After you get the diamonds pressed into place, you stitch a straight line through the center of the diamonds. Now THIS was finally easy! The edges of the diamonds are raw; I am wondering how the linen fabric will fray...
but I think that this is going to be a worn look that I will like.




The last step is fast, just putting the right stides of the bag together with the zipper half open, sew up the bottom and sides and then turn it. Before I did the final sew up I did a quick monogram so that I could give the bag to someone that is very dear to me!

2 comments: