Monday, March 25, 2013

Bye Bye Bear


A bear, however hard he tries,
Grows tubby without exercise.
Our Teddy Bear is short and fat,
Which is not to be wondered at.
But do you think it worries him
To know that he is far from slim?
No, just the other way about—
He’s proud of being short and stout.
                          ~ A.A. Milne

     The blue sundress is all ready for warm weather in Birmingham, and will go in the box tomorrow to be mailed to the Magic City.   I completed this dress with NOT ONE hand stitch.  I used my serger to finish the seams on the inside of the dress and the bottom hem.  Then I used the #5 foot and a blind hem stitch to do the hem.  I had to press it a good bit to make the it lie flat, and I hope that after it is washed that it will not curl up.  I used the #18 foot, the button sew on foot, to attach the big green buttons.  It worked fairly well on these thick buttons;  I have not had much success when using the foot with thinner buttons and finer cotton.

    I decided to used corded buttonholes, they are easy to do with foot 3A and gimp, and they give the buttonholes a polished look.


The renegade bear, who was not to be seen in the bed linens upstairs, was found behind a chair, hiding in a plant, and can be included in the box to go to Birmingham.  I would love to know how he found his way into the Night Blooming Cereus, and I know one little girl who will be very happy to see her old friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment