Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ready for the 4th?

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.  ~Erma Bombeck

   I haven't had much time lately to sew,  but Kathy's grandchildren will be eating hot dogs and ice cream in style this year.  I don't know how I let this holiday sneak up on me, but here it is almost the Fourth, and I have nary a red, white, or blue project  that is mine to show you.
   The All American Boy and All American Girl shirts are Kathy's designs, done with her Artista Designer Software.  It is a little difficult to see in the photograph but she has fireworks accenting the lettering in silver and gold. metallic thread.  She found the red, white and blue skirt which will be perfect on Miss Avery.
.     I am not sure where Avery's ruffled 4th of July t-shirt design came  from, but I do know that Kathy added  my first and the date. Avery will look just precious as she picnics this year.
    











Kathy's daughters-in-law got these cute towels in the mail this week for their kitchens.  The designs are from Embroitique and she jazzed them up with ribbon and rick rack.

     Maybe if I start now I can be ready for fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment