Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea.  It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it who makes a difference. ~ Nolan Bushnell

           I bought this shower curtain off the sale shelf at Restoration Hardware.  It has been hanging in my bathroom for quite some time, and I stared at the large expanse of unembellished cotton every morning and thought..."I really should put a monogram on that."

So I finally did it.  I used the Empire font from Embroidery Arts.  I used the measuring tool and could see that especially when I enlarged the letters,  the B was a good bit smaller.  So I enlarged it in the software and sent it to the computer.  The fun part was using the Bernina 830 to do the stitching.  Even with that fast machine, it took 95 minutes to stitch out.  I used 2 layers of Stitch and Tear;  I hooped one with the curtain and then slid the other layer under the hoop.

And if I don't get the chance to sew soon,  I will have to change my blog to Bibi Embroiders rather than Bibi Sews.  There just are NOT enough hours in the day.
 And I think I'll put a notepad and pen in my bathroom for all of those fabulous ideas that I am obviously forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment