Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July




People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
                      ~Anton Chekhov



 
     We are having Christmas in July at the store, and everyone was asked to make some samples.  So I looked in my stash to see what was there, and found these two little aprons left over from Issa's birthday party.  I found them at Michael's last spring.
 
 
After thinking about it, I decided to check with Mandy and see if she needed Christmas gifts for any little friends in New Zealand.  While I am on a roll I will check with my Birmingham sweeties, too, because I have a couple more aprons left.  The little gingerbread girl design came from Planet Applique;  the font is Sugar and Spice.  I used chenille rickrack around the binding.  One apron is trimmed in dark pink, the other in red.  It is difficult to see the little black eyes on the brown corduroy;  I should have used a golden brown.

 Now wouldn't it be nice to keep my momentum going and make some more Christmas gifts?  It is not in my nature to plan ahead so far,  so we shall see if it is indeed Christmas in July in the little Sewing Closet upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment