Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fun Dish Towels

 
Thank God for dirty dishes, they have a tale to tell. 
 While others may go hungry, we're eating very well.
~ Author Unknown
My dishtowels were fun and easy to put together; I felt like getting a head start on Christmas gifts and I don't think the friends who match the initials are sewists who will look at my blog!
     I used a little different method for the fabric trim.  The cotton was about an inch wider than the towel, and I made the swatch about 5 inches wide.  I first attached it to the back of the towel,  using the right side of the fabric to the back of the towel.  A zipper foot made it easier to run the seam along the hem of the waffle weave towel, which I sewed from the front to follow the seam. I then folded it to the front, pressed the towel, folded  in the sides and turning under the front so that I was about an inch from my monogram. (I missed the mark on the first green one, for me).  Then it was just a matter of sewing up one side, across the top, and down the other side using the #10 foot.

The fonts are Classic, Curlz, Empire and Curls.  I used a frame around the L, two little peppermint candies to frame the G, and bubbles around the A from the Band to Bows CD.

1 comment: