Monday, April 8, 2013

Peace, love and coconuts


Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
                       ~Ralph Waldo Emerson






 


 

                          
 
 
 Peggy and I spent a wonderful week in Puerto Moreles, Mexico.
 
We went as part of a groups doing yoga everyday on the beach.  The week was planned and organized by the talented Ann; Thea was the yoga instructor extraordinaire.   We had two hours of yoga on the beach every morning,  followed by an incredible home cooked brunch, then the rest of the day to do whatever we chose.   Cheryl Wilfong, author of The Meditative Gardener, graciously offered to lead us in guided meditation each morning and afternoon.
 
It was without a doubt the most relaxing week of my life.
 
 
 

We wanted to give Thea and Ann a special thank-you, and a beach towel seemed to be a good choice.  I appliqued peace, love and coconuts in Spanish on thick terry towels, using a multicolor chevron print for the lettering.  I used the Groovy font to add Mexico 2013 and their initials.


I have been searching for MY peace for several years now, in many different places, with many different prayers.  Now I find Emerson's quote.  It says it all.  And honestly, I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment