Thursday, February 9, 2012

My sweet angel

Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth Unseen,
                 both when we wake and when we sleep.

                                                            ~John Milton, Paradise Lost





I found this picture of Mae in Issa's angel dress. This was the Christmas dress that made me hang up my smocking need for a good while.  I did 3 of these angel dresses, and the knot on my right thumb joint has never been the same!  Issa, Mae and Katelyn all looked very sweet in them though, and I might rethink my decision.  This bishop dress is made from a very tiny micro check, with a placket in the back and one pearl button.  The smocking plate is an old one from Molly Jane Taylor, and it is still one of my favorites.  I smocked it for Mandy about 30 years ago and did blue angels on white batiste.
I love that my sweet girls all had angels on their shoulders!

1 comment:

  1. Be still my heart---may those angels go on to watch over many more generations of Bibi Gunn Girls---it will be worth the thumb knot!

    ReplyDelete