Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sweet and Simple Stella

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.  ~Leonardo DaVinci





I love this dress.  I have had the pattern for some time, but just decided last week to make a little dress from fabric in my stash.  I am not sure where the fabric came came from, I suspect Children's Corner, but it was so quick and fun to sew up, I am hoping my other girls will want one.


There is not too much to say about how I did the it.  I love the light blue and brown plaid that I had for the trim.  In the pattern Lizette does a great job of describing how to do the bias neck band.  After I had cut it out for the size 10, I thought it was a mistake, but she explains that by stretching it it fit, you eliminate wrinkles.  

The monogram is Master Circle; I had a few problems with
 it but nothing too noticeable.  I am out of cut away,
 so I used 2 layers of tearaway.  Since this is for Issa,
 I will probably put a fusible over the back
 of the monogram to soften the stitches.




I did have one disappointment with the completed
dress.  As it was hanging I noticed a fold line across the middle of the skirt where it is soiled as if it might have been folded for some time.  That is what I get for sewing from a stash!




The only truly sad thing about making this dress is the fact that there are no little girls in town to try it on.  I guess that means just one thing, it is time to take a Road Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment