Thursday, September 12, 2013

Master Circle for Olivia

Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. 
When you do a thing, do it with all your might. 
Put your whole soul into it.
 Stamp it with your own personality. 
Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. 
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


     These gifts were made for a young woman who is on her way to a new beginning in her life.  My niece, Olivia, is a freshman at Furman, and she made it there with a unique combination of intelligence, hard work and enthusiasm.  Livvy seldom does what one would expect her to do, but her choices are spot on and wise. As I have watched her grow up, I have loved the determined spark in her that is complemented by her compassion and beauty.
     She needed a bath cover up because who wants to traipse around a suite in a towel tucked in close to your armpit?  She chose purple because it has been a favorite since 
she was tiny, and purple/white are Furman's colors.  I monogrammed these on my Bernina 780 and that machine is FAST!  Three mongramms done in no time.
   She wanted orange towels, and I hope this choice from Penny's is not too soft and corally for her.
   The font is one of my new favorites, Master Circle, and I hope Livvy likes the selection of colors.  I used 2 layers of a medium weight tear away and Solvy on top as I stitched.  
zazzle.com
   My wish for this new cheerleader is that she enjoys her days at Furman.  And here's hoping she will always know that this auntie is her number 1 cheerleader!

   

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, these are lovely! I understand the towel-tucked-under-the armpit thing and when I found bath towel wraps on clearance at Kohl's, I bought 3 of them! Of course, they were begging for personalization, so I appliqued initials onto each of them. Now I have one, my daughter has one and my favorite neighbor girl took one off to college with her a few weeks ago. Livvy will love having these towels with her and knowing they were stitched with love!

    ReplyDelete