Saturday, September 21, 2013

A House Divided



October is not only a beautiful
month but it marks the precious 
yet fleeting overlap of hockey,   
baseball, basketball, and football.                                                  
                         ~Jason Love


Serendipity - a happy accident or
fortunate mistake.
Lynda and I made these dish towels for her daughters, graduates
of Georgia Tech and the University of Georgia.

As we trimmed the stabilizer from the Tech towel, we had a little issue, a cut in the fabric!  Oh no!  There was only one towel to be had; we loved the gold polka dots.  What to do? what to do?

In the Artista Software, there is a picture of a frog with a little bee
buzzing around his head.  Now, granted, he is not as menacing as Buzz, the Tech mascot, but he was the best I could do.  Thanks to to Marian and all of her classes, I was able to delete all of the image except for the bee.  I sent him to my machine, added a little piece of fabric to the back with a piece of cut away stabilizer and stitched right over the cut.  I like it, I really like it!  She has a cute navy bow to add the finishing touch.

  This towel is for the Bulldog Girl.  Jumbo Rick Rack on top of polka dot fabric.  I hope they are used for many tailgate parties to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment