Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lovely Linen

I started this dress months ago at Robin's sewing Shoppe in Birmingham, Alabama. The class was taught by Lezette Thomason from Children's Corner. It is a simply sweet dress that has been adapted from the Adelaide pattern by Lezette. And I love the linen. I love wearing linen....shorts, capris or pants. Slouchy, wrinkly, comfy linen. The back of the dress is precious. I didn't have buttons, and the only available shell buttons at JoAnns were these little hearts, but after I put them on they were just the right touch. I had a difficult time getting the stabilizer from the front of the dress. Since I started it months ago, I do not remember what stabilizer it was that she gave us. My guess is a medium weight aqua mesh. I hung it under a cool shower spray for about 10 minutes. Gooey. I soaked it in the bathtub overnight. Gooey. I tried the shower again to no avail. A friend suggested a repeated plunge as we used to do our old cloth diapers or a quick spin on the rinse cycle in the washing machine. Hmmm. I think I will try the latter. I have some time to work on it; this size 6 is still a little large on Issa's slight frame. I imagine it will fit better late in the summer. So here is my reward. This is what I love. A precious little girl is sitting on my lap, she has lost a few teeth, her toenails are painted pink and blue and silver, and she is wearing a linen dress that I made. Uh oh. I am getting teary eyed. But life is good, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. That dress is so sweet and your granddaughter is adorable! I love linen too...it always reminds me of summer. I don't think you could ask for a better reward...love that last photo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely linen on lovely girl----lucky girl---

    ReplyDelete