Sunday, August 18, 2013

Remember the time...?


Ah, How good it feels!  The hand of an old friend.
     ~  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Sue invited us to visit their mountain home in Arizona, and it was a lovely day.
The girls played in the woods, we rocked on the porch, talked over old times, and generally just enjoyed each other's company.

I wanted to do a little thank you for the day and I decided to do a word block on a kitchen towel.
I tried to include favorite memories, and used the software to place the words using various fonts.


I added an edgewalk underlay to most of the lettering through the Artista Software, worked with the colors to get an idea of how it would stitch out, and chose some little ornaments.  Harrington, Blackboard, Varsity, St. Charles and Anniversary are a few of the fonts that I used.






The stitch out was quick and easy.  I used two layers of tear-away on the back, and solvy on top.  I used a long strip of a cotton print that was the width of the towel and about 6 inches deep.  I folded it lengthwise, stitched it to the wrong side of the towel and pulled it forward, enclosing the ends of the stripe under the fabric.

I know Sue's friends and family will enjoy their mountain home with family and friends for many years to come!

1 comment: