Sunday, August 18, 2013

Christmas in July....in August

Be merry all, be merry all,
With holly dress the festive hall;                                                
Prepare the song, 
the feast, the ball,
To welcome merry Christmas.

                   ~William Robert Spencer


I took this partially completed project home from the store intending to complete it for our Christmas in July event.  Needless to say, it did not get finished in time, so I pulled it out on a rainy day last week and finished it up.

     I was able to choose how I finished it;  I considered a pillow, but decided on a wall hanging.  The wreath didn't have a border, so I added strips with a green and red polka dot from my stash.  I used the #18 button sew on foot to add the button berries.  I am finally getting used to it, and I think when I have more than a few buttons to sew on at one time, I will be happy to have it.


To finish up the wreath, I made a tube out of a scrap of the green, turned it with the seam on the back, pressed it, and cut it in half.  I pinned these to the inside, with the loops facing inward. (how many times have I done that backwards?)

I had some bright green rick rack in my stash so I used that in the seam line between the lining and polka dot to give the hanging a little border.

Rather than using velcro to attach the tabs, I did buttonholes and once again buttons.  I attached it to the Merry Christmas hanger and took my photo.

( My next photo shows the broken lens line in the upper left corner, I am upset about it but not upset enough to ditch my iphone.)


This isn't my favorite project, but it could brighten a dull space on the wall during the Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment